My Shopping Genie

My Shopping Genie
Best shopping tool online!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Fundraising Event

I was a vendor at a vendor fair/fundraising event today.  Our group had over 20 vendors and our charity we were supporting is Gigi's Playhouse, a down syndrome awareness center in my town.  This organization rely solely on fundraising for support, so it was a great choice.  Our booth fee was contributed to Gigi's, the group went around town collecting prizes for raffle drawings, it was a decent turnout, we would of liked more, but actually, I think the vendors themselves ended up contributing to the raffles, so it all worked out for Gigi's Playhouse.

I also got to meet some great people who were very interested in MY SHOPPING GENIE as a means to save time and money while shopping online and I was thrilled that some were interested in joining my team!

What type of events do you go to attract new customers and prospects?  You will never run out of names to call upon when you go to a vendor fair, these are FREE leads, folks.  At this event, all who walked in the door filled out a form to register for the FREE drawings and all vendors who had a booth will receive the list of names, pretty cool, heh?

I try and attend 3-4 larger vendor fairs per year and maybe a few smaller one's in between.  They are fun, you meet lots of new people, make new connections with other vendors, it's a great feeling when you know you've helped a charity as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment