My Shopping Genie

My Shopping Genie
Best shopping tool online!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Objections

How do you handle objections in  your home based business?  You know,when you are talking with someone about your opportunity, and you get cut off and the prospect says, "So how much does it cost"?, or my favorite, "Is this a pyramid scheme"?

With a little practice, you can learn to address these objections and turn them to your advantage.

First of all, since your prospect was rude in interrupting you, you can diffuse this by saying something like, "I'm in the helping people business, I would like to show you how I can help you become financially secure, how you can work your "Plan B", yes, there is a cost to owning your own business, I'm trying to determine if my opportunity is right for you, shall I continue?"

And a great way to answer "Is this a pyramid scheme"....."Well, just like any business model that rewards the business owner for building a team of managers, my company pays out team building bonuses in addition to distributing their product.  You work for a company, correct?  Does the owner/boss make more money than you?  With our business model, you ARE the boss and you can make as much money as you are willing to work for it.  Without a product, companies that pay out just to put people under you is a pyramid scheme and yes, those are illegal.  My company is rated(make sure you look up their rating)XX with the Better Business Bureau(or similiar industry standard).  Shall I continue?"  You should also have on hand reputable trade marketing materials and articles of recognition for your company published by another entity that gives credence to your claims.

I would be interested in hearing of what objections you've heard of in your prospecting and how you've handled them(or not!).

To your success,

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment